Obligated funds are created for specific purposes and may be used, as necessary, and may supplement the temple’s annual budget. Obligated funds are owned and managed by Sinai Temple. To make a contribution to one of the following obligated funds, please send your check to Sinai Temple, 3104 W. Windsor, Champaign, IL 61822, with the fund's name listed clearly in the memo line Donations may also be made on this website. The following are Sinai Temple's obligated funds along with their descriptions:
- BUILDING: Maintenance and improvements to the existing building
- CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS - Birnbaum: To provide one merit-based scholarship annually to a Sinai Temple member enrolled in the religious School for a 2-week OSRUI camp experience. Guidelines and process to be determined by the Birnbaum Family and the Sinai Temple Religious School.
- BNAI MITZVAH TUTORING – Deckard: Financial support for bnai mitzvah tutoring
- CONDOLENCE: To support the activities of the Condolence Committee
- FLOWERS- Alpiner Stern: To provide flowers for the interior of the Temple.
- GARDENS -Einhorn: For maintenance of the Einhorn Gardens.
- GARDENS – Neuman: For maintenance of the Neuman Gardens.
- INTERIOR: Furnishings for the Temple and Classrooms.
- KITCHEN: For onegs, kitchen maintenance, supplies and equipment
- LIBRARY: For books, periodicals, and electronic media for the Temple library.
- MUSIC: To support Temple music.
- PRAYER BOOKS: Buy or repair prayer books for reform services
- RABBI’S DISCRETIONARY FUND: For charitable use at the discretion of the Rabbi
- SENIOR MEMBER FUND: To fund programs and other senior-based initiatives or assistance, as determined by the Sinai Temple Board of Trustees.
- SOCIAL ACTION – Siegel: Support social action committee programs including assisting local agencies and Temple members who have particular needs.
- TRADITIONAL MINYAN: Buy or repair traditional minyan prayer books and to support the activities of the traditional minyan.